Corona virus Memo – Updated March 13, 2020
In an ongoing effort to further protect the staff and patients of Vita Health Wellness Spa, we are continuing to monitor the situation and revise policies and procedures in accordance with the strictest standards possible. This will likely create inconveniences for our staff and patients at times, so we apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused in an effort to prioritize the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
Effective Monday, March 16th, the following additional steps were taken:
- Patient Engagement
- We are requesting that patients refrain from bringing non-essential visitors with them to the clinic for their appointments.
- We are requesting that all patients practice social distancing (3-6 foot from other patients) and we will be reducing patient volume in the clinic to allow for this.
- All New Patients will be screened by phone prior to being scheduled and all existing patients will be screened at check-in through a series of pertinent questions. Any patients exhibiting symptoms or who have been in contact with another person exhibiting symptoms will be asked to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Additional measures taken by our providers and staff to protect each patient and themselves:
- Providers already sanitize their hands, tools and workspaces between each patient encounter.
- Gloves may also be used by providers, when applicable, as an added precaution.
- In addition to daily hospital-grade cleaning, the clinics will be closed every day between the hours of 1 and 3 pm for additional intra-day cleaning.
- Pens used by patients at check-in will be sanitized with approved antiseptic agents after every use.
- All surfaces throughout the clinic will be sanitized throughout the day in 30-45 minute increments, including doorknobs, counters, waiting room chairs, surfaces, etc.
- All common reading material will be removed from the waiting room.
- Most doors will remain propped open and lights on to minimize contact with knobs and switches.
Are we following CDC guidelines?
In addition to the standards set by the DOH, we are also encouraging patients to follow ALL CDC guidelines and recommendations with regard to prevention.
What specific measures are we taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- We are sanitizing and disinfecting all objects and surfaces after every use with proper supplies known to kill the virus on contact.
- We provide alcohol-based hand Purell dispensers throughout the clinic for use by patients and providers.
- We are ensuring that all employees sanitize their hands according to CDC guidelines, including before and after contact with patients, after contact with surfaces or equipment, and after removing personal protective equipment.
- Tissues are readily available and all bathroom sinks are well-stocked with soap and paper towels for hand washing.
What level of cleaning is performed at Vita Health Wellness Center?
- In addition to our own sanitizing efforts throughout the day in accordance with our normal practices in compliance with the Dept of Health, Performance Rehabilitation continues to employ a hospital-grade cleaning company for daily cleaning of our clinics in order to prevent the spread of germs.
What is our policy for dealing with sick patients or employees?
- We are asking all patients to please follow CDC prevention guidelines. Patients with any symptoms, especially fever or respiratory symptoms, are being advised to stay home.
- All 24 hr cancellation fees are being waived in cases of illness or possible illness.
- We are carefully monitoring the patient population for signs of illness and addressing as needed.
- Employees with any symptoms whatsoever are being instructed to stay home as well.
We will continue to be vigilant in monitoring our local COVID-19 situation, and make changes to protocol and communicate as needed.